2016 Chassis Inspections will take place on Saturday, March 12, 2016at Kauai Raceway Park. This will be the first race event of the 2016 season. Mike Rice our NHRA Division 7 Director, will be in attendance to watch us burn rubber and conduct the inspections. We are excited to host him once again!
For more info contact Gary Long at 823-6749.
Pit Space (stall) (2016 Pit Space Manager: Mary Kealoha)
- Pit spaces are $100 per stall for the 2016 season. Top Gun, Pro Et & Jr. Dragster racers are allowed to reserve two (2) stalls each; all other classes are allowed one (1) stall.
- Racers who do not come out to race for two races in a row will be placed on the “inactive racer” listing. Pit spaces of inactive racers will be made available (temporarily) to other racers.
- Once on the inactive racer listing you must notify the pit space manager by 10amon race day of your plan to come out. If no notification is given, the space may be temporarily reassigned to another racer (for race day only). If this happens and you come out without notification, you will have to seek another stall for the race, GIRA will not reassign the racer who is in your stall.
- Inactive racers who wish to allow friends the use of their spaces must notify the pit space manager by 10amof race day.
- Pit spaces are strictly for race and tow vehicles only. All other vehicles must be placed up on the grassy hill behind the pits.
- Pit spaces are to be used for racing pit crews only, not for spectating. If you are not racing, please spectate on spectator side or within the pits of friends who are racing. Pit spaces are in high demand and priority will be given to racers who are participating in the current race event.
- Pit spaces that are surrendered by racers will be surrendered back to GIRA. GIRA will reassign surrendered spaces on a first come first served basis. No longer will members be allowed to bequeath pit space assignments. This policy will ensure that all have equal opportunity at reserving pit space.
- All racers with large enclosed trailers must pit on the ocean side of pit row.
- If you are unsatisfied with your pit space and wish to be reassigned, please ask the pit space manager to put you on the waiting list for your desired stall.
GIRA reserves the right to amend pit space policies and rules when necessary
Track work weekend is scheduled for Saturday, January 30 & Sunday, January 31
Gates will open at 8am.
Garden Isle Racing Association is pleased to announce its 2016 Board of Directors!
Vice President-Gary Saiki
Director/Track Manager/Lead Technical Inspector-Gary Long
Director/Assistant Track Manager/Technical Inspector-Jesse Kealoha
December 31, 2015: All volunteer hours must be completed. Pit spaces of members not in good standing will be made available to other racers.
January 1, 2016: Pit space reservations and payments will begin to be taken.
February 2, 2016: This is the date of the General Membership Meeting and first deadline to make payment toward pit space and membership fees. All pit spaces that are not held by a 50% deposit will be made available to other racers.
March 1, 2016: Final deadline to pay for pit space.
March 12, 2016: First race of the 2016 season
2016 Season Schedule
Sunday, February 21, 2016 Test and Tune Day event
Saturday, March 12, 2016 night race
Saturday, April 2, 2016 night race
Saturday, May 7, 2016 night race
Saturday, June 4, 2016 night race
Saturday/Sunday July 2-3 night races
Saturday, August 6, 2016 (Ladies Night)
Saturday/Sunday September 3 & 4 National Dragster Challenge-night
Sunday, October 2, 2016, Day Race
Sunday, November 13, 2016, Day Race–King of the Track